Sr. Systems Engineer
Posted on: June 24, 2022
DescriptionJob Description:This role provides technical
expertise and collaboration across an Agile team to ensure
implementation of overall systems engineering best practices. This
role reports to the programs Chief Systems Engineer and supports
software systems development, including documenting system
requirements, interfaces, and data sources. This role supports
technical planning, development, integration, and verification and
validation. This role refines customer roadmaps, enterprise epics,
and strategic requirements into detailed requirements and
actionable user stories to be delivered by the entire team. This
role coordinates with the team leadership to prioritize user
stories that realize customer requirements.Primary
- This role is responsible for technical planning, system
hardware-software-network design, development and integration,
verification and validation, and fielding.
- Evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability
and analyses for total systems.
- Duties include performing systems requirements analysis,
functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements
allocation and interface definition, technical management,
integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
- Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable technology
solutions to meet mission system monitoring needs
- Perform automation tasks through scripting and testing Leverage
AWS in the development and hosting of system solutions
- Create documentation to include flowcharts, diagrams, manuals
and any other required or requested deliverables.
- Participate and contribute in the entire implementation process
for new applications and enhancements to existing applications
- Use the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to document
requirements, configure, test, implement and support efficient
- Derive an understanding of system requirements from stakeholder
- Resolve highly complex multi-domain systems issues
- Support implementation and adherence to enterprise standards
for initiatives such as CI/CD, Agile development/testing, low-high
development, and configuration managementBasic Qualifications:
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of how to
design, integrate, and manage complex systems over their life
cycles across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience planning and leading major technology
- Experience evaluating performance results and recommending
major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Experience as a technical expert across multiple project
- Experience collaborating with multiple teams on all aspects of
the development life cycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience translating customer needs into detailed technical
- Candidate must have BS with 8-12 years of prior relevant
experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
Will consider work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph.
- Candidate must be US Citizen.NSORCTPay Range:
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Sr. Systems Engineer, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!