Enterprise Architecture - Cloud Architecture - Lead Associate (Hybrid)
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Company DescriptionAt Fannie Mae, futures are made. The
inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a
difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling
opportunities to modernize the nations housing finance system while
being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies.
Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your
technical expertise, and make your career.Job DescriptionAs a
valued colleague on our team, you will provide expert advice, solve
business/technical problems through solution architecture. In this
role, you will be creating solutions with a process-driven view and
maintaining and/or updating existing structures.THE IMPACT YOU WILL
MAKEThe Enterprise Architecture - Architecture - Lead Associate
role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own,
while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on
the following responsibilities:
- Define current and target state architectures, transition
architectures and roadmaps for business portfolios and for
- May serve as architecture lead or technical expert to define
and maintain the architectural frameworks/patterns, processes,
standards and guidelines related to portfolio, systems, business or
- Provide technical and architectural subject matter expertise to
the stakeholders including communicating architectural decisions
and mentoring other technical staff around the various development
technologies and decisions.
- Conduct studies of new technologies to provide more efficient
and cost-effective architecture solutions.
- Confer with business units and application development staff to
understand both the business and technical requirements and to
define architectural constraints.
- Create performance metrics and traceability maps to determine
the effectiveness of architecture solutions and facilitate
- May review work of other team members and mentor junior
architects.QualificationsTHE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE
TEAMMinimum Required Experiences
- 4 years in Cloud Architecture
- Bachelor degree or equivalentDesired Experiences
- 6+ years of progressive experience in solution architecture,
systems architecture and engineering, analysis and applications
- Expertise in implementing complex full stack solutions
including API, Micro-Services, Streaming etc. in large Enterprise
- 5+ years hands on application solution design experience in AWS
using AWS native services.
- Knowledge of data strategies that encompass data integration,
movement and transformation logic at an enterprise-level
- Hands on experience leveraging object-oriented design patterns
and domain driven design principles
- Proficient with REST standards and best practices and hands-on
experience in developing RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with Planning, Design, Road maps, POC
implementations for AWS Cloud technologies.
- Good understanding of Amazon Managed Services
- Working knowledge of EMR, Redshift, S3 Athena, Apache Spark
framework and using Python, or R.
- Experience in solution architecture with a view towards
resiliency, availability and very comfortable in designing Failover
and Recovery strategies
- Good understanding of AWS security frameworks - hands-on
experience in architecting complex/enterprise-scale capabilities
that manifest a strong data security controls that conform to NIST
(or equivalent) framework
- Should have developed sharing strategies for future scaling and
- Should have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related
field. Master's degree is preferred.
- AWS Certifications will be preferredSkills
- Strong ability in communicating in writing or verbally,
copywriting, planning and distributing communication, etc.
- Skilled in creating visual concepts, creating content, and
editing content by hand or with the help with computer software to
- Skilled in supporting, controlling, monitoring, and management
of large, complex, and sometimes geographically-dispersed IT
infrastructure and applications in order to optimize IT service
- Working with people with different functional expertise
respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal.
- Influencing including negotiating, persuading others,
facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict.
- Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience
in a way that is engaging and easy to understand.
- Experience using software and computer systems' architectural
principles to integrate enterprise computer applications such as
xMatters, AWS Application Integration, or WebSphere.
- Relationship Management including managing and engaging
stakeholders, customers, and vendors, building relationship
networks, contracting, etc.
- Experience identifying and selecting strategic options, and
identifying resources to meet the defined objectivesTools
- Skilled in Kubernetes to automate application deployment,
scaling, and management.
- Skilled in Confluence and Draw.IO
- Skilled in Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings, development,
and networking platforms.
- Experience using JIRA
- Skilled in using Enterprise Architect
- Skilled in Python object-oriented programming
- Skilled in Docker
- Skilled in using PowerShell to automate tasks that manage
Microsoft operating systems and processes
- Skilled in ServiceNow to manage digital workflows
- Skilled in Excel
- Experience using APIs for developing or programming
- Skilled in Java
- Skilled in Jenkins
- Skilled in XML
- Skilled in using virtualization software such as Microsoft
Hyper-V, VMWare vSphere, or Citrix XenDesktopBusiness Portfolio
- Enterprise Cloud Program
- Data Science/Analytics
- Enterprise Data ArchitectureTechnical Support Areas:
- Cloud Migration (Re-platform)
- End User Compute/EUC Migration (Re-platform & Refactor)
- SAS/R migration (Re-platform)
- Architecture Strategy (Target State Roadmaps, Reference
Architecture and Service Decomposition)
- Architecture POCsAdditional InformationJob REF ID: REF9840UThe
future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities
at Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are
committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected
veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation in the application process, email us at
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Reston , Enterprise Architecture - Cloud Architecture - Lead Associate (Hybrid), Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!