Field Engineer/Engineering Assistant - VA/DC (New College Grad 2022-2023)
Company: Turner Construction Company
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Washington DC Main
Reston, VA 20190 USA
Minimum Years Experience:
Position Description: Assigned to a field operations team to assist
in obtaining, evaluating and coordinating information needed to
construct the project in accordance with contract documents and to
assure work meets all safety standards, is within schedule
requirements, and is constructed to the highest level of quality
Reports to: Project Superintendent or Superintendents
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform line and grade work for building layout and control as
- Assist in implementation of site safety program as
- Ensure subcontractor compliance with Turner safety standards
and applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Assist in maintenance of contract documents and electronic
web-based documents for field operations.
- Assist in preparation of Daily Construction Reports
- Review work as it is being placed to be sure it is accurate
within accepted tolerances.
- Review contract drawings, specifications, and shop drawings to
ensure proper coordination and installation.
- Assist in preparation of project as-builts.
- Assist in protection and promotion of interests of Turner and
in related matters.
- Other activities, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
- Two years of college education from accredited degree program
in Engineering, Construction or relevant education
- Building construction, engineering, or equivalent experience,
- Must have good interpersonal skills and ability to work within
- Demonstrate initiative and desire to learn
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in
- Proficient with computer applications, data entry, and
Microsoft suite of applications
- Basic understanding of scheduling programs, desired
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit,
use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls;
and reach with hands, talk, and hear. The employee frequently views
a computer monitor and frequently uses a computer keyboard.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
adjust focus. The employee is regularly required to be mobile, and
the employee occasionally travels both short and long distances via
a variety of conveyances. The employee occasionally performs work
on-site at construction work sites, office locations, and/or
off-site venues. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to
10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee regularly works in an office or remote
setting. The noise in the work environment is usually quiet to
moderate in an office setting. While performing the duties of this
job, the employee may occasionally work at construction work sites
where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high
precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather
conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise in the work
environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee is required
to work in compliance with company safety policies, procedures, and
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer -
minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual
VEVRAA Federal Contractor Apply NowShare Save Job
Keywords: Turner Construction Company, Reston , Field Engineer/Engineering Assistant - VA/DC (New College Grad 2022-2023), Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!