Network Engineer (Palo Alto)- Senior
Company: BAE Systems Plc
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Job Description BAE Systems, a top-ten prime contractor to the
U.S. Department of Defense, enables the U.S. government to
transform data into intelligence and provides engineering,
integration and sustainment support for critical military platforms
and systems. Intelligence & Security provides services and products
to the Department of Defense, the government, federal law
enforcement officials, and troops deployed around the world.
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and
provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need
to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared
ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national
security services. We offer flexible work environment to support
the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best. Be a
part of a company that is part of the community; driven to improve
our future and protect our freedom.
We are looking for experienced Network Engineers to join our
technology-based program supporting a key government customer. This
program will deliver engineering services for network
infrastructure as well as sophisticated enterprise computing
infrastructure including end-point devices, data center hosted
servers, multi-Cloud services as well as virtualized applications,
and storage systems. Enterprise Computing Engineering services
include modern application technology with containerized solutions
and orchestrated workflow that function both on customer premise,
and via remote Cloud services. Network infrastructure engineering
services are comprised of core infrastructure, voice and video
engineering, field engineering, application management and
development for networks, network analytics, firewalls, network
access controls and bandwidth service delivery. This is a fast
paced, challenging, and career rewarding experience to recruit and
develop provide top talent and solutions on one of the most complex
and high profile programs within the government.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills We are actively seeking
Network Engineers with a minimum of six (6) years' experience.
Bachelor's or Master's Degrees are preferred in one or more of the
disciplines described below where specific skills may include the
* TCP/IP transport network design and engineering, network routing
protocols, advanced virtual networking technologies
* Performing upgrades and performing routine network operations and
* Identifying and implementing INFOSEC and COMSEC security
requirements for the network.
* Complex configuration management techniques and requirements for
managing network systems
* Network operating and maintenance concepts and methods used to
troubleshoot network problems for LAN, WAN, VPN, SD-WAN and
* Install, configure, and manage Palo Alto Firewalls, DSM
* Install and configure B2b tunnels on Palo Alto firewalls for
site-to-site VPN. Experience with migrations of Cisco firewalls to
Palo Alto using Expedition. Experience with Panorama.
* Experience with Data Center infrastructure solutions: VPN, Cisco
(Route and Switch), Palo Alto (FW + IDS/IPS functions), Trend Micro
DSM (Micro-segmentation) - host-based firewall.
* Strong experience in building site to site VPN tunnels for both
Cisco and Palo Alto's platform.
* Radio Frequency (RF) and spectrum engineering
* Optical networking technology and engineering
* Satellite communications engineering
* Experience in working with Palo Alto Wildfire and Threat
prevention for Intrusion and Detection.
* Experience in working with Palo Alto Global Protect.
* Programming/scripting languages and frameworks knowledge and
experience, in support of automation (Python, Ansible, etc...) and
worked with Palo Alto's Rest API.
* CCNP - Security, DC, Routing, Switching, PCNSE (Palo Alto) VMWare
Certified Professional Standard
* Network resource needs to have some good experience with Cisco,
Arista, and Palo Alto Firewalls. Be able to perform routine
upgrades, setup VPN tunnels, implement network changes for
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
* Experience with a variety of network technologies and solution
* Broad understanding of technical principle, theories, and
concepts in the networking field.
* Knowledge of state-of-the-art systems engineering principles and
network design concepts
* Virtualization experience (VDI & VMWare)
* Cloud experience (AWS, Azure, etc.)
* Security best practices and implementing firewalls and perimeter
security measures including VPN technologies
* Continuous integration, test automation and / or SecDevOps on
iterative development projects
* Agile Development methodologies
* Cisco Certifications: CCNA or CCNP
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the
U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense,
aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of
products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as
advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions
and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting
lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems.
Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts
- defending national security with breakthrough technology,
superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the
latest technology and defend national security, you will
continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a
global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that
truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based
in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense,
intelligence, and security solutions that support the important
missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in
everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and
IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and
operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables
the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat
threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new
levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills,
experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For
us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on
high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an
inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive.
Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy
work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with
Keywords: BAE Systems Plc, Reston , Network Engineer (Palo Alto)- Senior, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!