Cyber Intelligence - Lead Associate
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Company DescriptionAt Fannie Mae, futures are made. The
inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a
difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling
opportunities to modernize the nations housing finance system while
being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies.
Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your
technical expertise, and make your career.
Job DescriptionTHE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKEThe Defense and Response -
Cyber Intelligence - Lead Associate role will offer you the
opportunity to identify, research and report on emerging technical
threats, tactics and adversary capabilities in order to improve
security controls and strategic decision making. As a valued
colleague on our team,
- Act as a team lead for the collection, processing and reporting
of information on emergent malware and actor technical capabilities
and techniques, a point of technical escalation for security
investigations and a mentor for other analysts.
- Provide advanced support to analyzing malware and suspicious
- Strong technical writing skills and the ability to effectively
convey information to both technical and non-technical
- Passion for identifying emergent malware capabilities, attack
primitives and exploits and providing technical analysis and
recommendations to network defenders.
- Coach and mentor less experienced associates to enhance their
knowledge of cybersecurity threats to the organization and the
- Identify new opportunities to work with other organizations to
determine possible threats.
- Analyze information within the context of the Company and its
cybersecurity measures, while considering coordination of multiple
interrelated systems and initiatives.
- Translate findings for internal cybersecurity
groups.QualificationsTHE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAMMinimum
- 4 yearsDesired Experiences
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Sec+, SANS, Pentest, certifications
- Skills related to Influencing including negotiating, persuading
others, facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict
- Skills related to Relationship Management including managing
and engaging stakeholders, customers, and vendors, building
relationship networks, contracting, etc.
- Skills related to Risk Assessment and Management including
evaluating and designing controls, conducting impact assessments,
identifying control gaps, remediating risk, etc.
- Skills related to Security including designing and evaluating
security systems, identifying security threats, securing computers,
assessing vulnerability, etc.
- Determining causes of operating errors and taking corrective
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts
and answer critical questions
- Skilled in cloud technologies and cloud computing
- The group of skills related to Programming including coding,
debugging, and using relevant programming languages
- The group of skills related to Communication including
communicating in writing or verbally, copywriting, planning and
distributing communication, etc.
- Adept at managing project plans, resources, and people to
ensure successful project completion
- Experience identifying measures, or indicators of system
performance, and the actions needed to improve or correct
performance to achieve desired outcomes
- Experience identifying and determining levels of risk to an
organization's networks and systems using cybersecurity techniques
and tools such as penetration testing, application security, and
- Expertise in service management concepts for networks and
related standards such as ITIL practices or SDLC
- Experience in the process of analyzing data to identify trends
or relationships to inform conclusions about the data
- Skilled in Python object-oriented programming
- Skilled in Active Directory
- Skilled in Maltego for data mining
- Skilled in ServiceNow to manage digital workflows
- Skilled in VPN software and encrypting data
- Skilled in ThreatStream
- Skilled in Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings, development,
and networking platformsAdditional InformationJOB REFID:
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are
committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected
veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation in the application process, email us at .
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Reston , Cyber Intelligence - Lead Associate, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!