Veterans Preferred - Laundry Supervisor
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -The Laundry Supervisor
is responsible for the supervision of the laundry department. This
includes overseeing laundry production, inventory, ordering and
In addition, this position includes the following duties:
- Washes, dries, sorts, presses, and folds fabrics. Treats
stained fabrics, removes damaged fabrics, cleans and waxes
- Evaluates work of Laundry Attendants.
- Monitors supply inventory, requisitions tools, equipment, and
supplies from management.
- Assists in maintaining reports (i.e. production poundage,
discards, bio, etc.).
- Track and document all discards.
- Complete all checklists and forms associated with training on
washers, dryers, steam press, and folders, as per property policy.
Follow policy and procedure for the disposal on discards,
bio-hazards of linen and/or terry products.
- Review and understand the safety data sheets (SDS) binder
pertaining to all chemicals, adhering to the associated safety
- Inspects linen and terry product.
- Reports any safety issues to management.
- Experience managing a team.
- Strong knowledge of laundry equipment and chemicals.
- Ability to create and manage schedules and workloads
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain high standards of
cleanliness and quality.
- Ability to lift heavy loads and stand for long periods of time.
Required Soft Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and
- Positive attitude and ability to motivate and inspire team
Keywords: Hyatt, Reston , Veterans Preferred - Laundry Supervisor, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!