Posted on: July 11, 2018
CoreSite is currently accepting applications for an opening on our Security Team.
We are only accepting local applicants in Northern Virginia.
Security Officer - Reston, VA
As a member of the company's Security Team, the Security Officer will be responsible for building
and data center security in a 24/7 environment under the direction of the local Security Supervisor
and local CoreSite Management within their geographic or organizational area of responsibility.
Shift: Wednesday-Sunday, 3:00pm- 11:00pm
- Provide physical security within the CoreSite premises.
- Provide day-to-day exceptional customer service and support.
- Compose detailed reports and daily activity logs.
- Monitor cameras, alarm and access/control systems.
- Monitor the building fire alarm system.
- Perform other duties as specified in the security procedures manual and/or as directed by
- Responsible for monitoring CoreSite's data center facilities and infrastructure for security
- Manage building service requests through resolution.
- Responsible for notifying customers, management and facility teams of security system alarms and
- Responsible for managing the loading dock shipping and receiving.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Familiar with CCTV and access and control security systems.
- Excellent customer interaction skills.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Schedule flexibility with ability to work non-standard business hours.
- Exhibits a strong work ethic and accountability.
- Successfully meet CoreSite professional standards.
- Candidate must have ability to work independently and be able to follow all escalation procedures
in regard to critical or emergency situations.
- Familiar with computer systems and software programs - i.e., MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook.
- Should have at least 2 years' experience in either customer service or security industry.
- Should have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have access to reliable transportation.
- Be able to pass an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references,
employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds 1/3 of the time including pallets and boxes.
- Ability to stand 1/3 ' 2/3 of the time.
- Ability to walk 1/3 ' 2/3 of the time.
- Ability to sit 1/3 ' 2/3 of the time.
- Ability to climb and balance 1/3 ' 2/3 of the time.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl 1/3 ' 2/3 of the time.
- Ability to reach with hands & arms 1/3 ' 2/3 of the time.
- Ability to smell, talk & hear.
- Ability to use hands to type, handle, feel.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to see at close and distance ranges and the ability to see color.
Benefits & Life at CoreSite:
Not only does CoreSite have a fun, team-focused work environment, but we also offer great benefits!
- Medical and Vision coverage through Cigna Heath Care
- Dental Insurance through Delta Dental
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a Company Contribution
- Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-term Disability Insurance fully paid by the company
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Plans
- Free parking or a company contribution toward a public transit pass
- 3 weeks of Personal Time Off (PTO)
- 10 paid Holidays
- Wellness Program with annual incentive
Please note: Relocation assistance will not be provided for this job. If you are interested in a role like this, but currently do not live in the defined location, we encourage you to view our other open positions.
CoreSite is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law are not taken into account in any employment decisions.CoreSite completes a variety of background check assessments (including inquiries of criminal history and drug tests) in accordance with all federal, state and local laws.
Candidates are considered consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO and other applicable regulations. If you require assistance or an accommodation to successfully complete an application with CoreSite, please notify us.
Thank you for your interest in CoreSite.
Keywords: CoreSite, Reston, Security Officer, Other, Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!