Information Security Specialist
Company: Beacon Health Options
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Information Security Specialist II will perform technical analysis and support for computer security procedures including personnel, physical security, communications, hardware, software, and data.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic Information Security Specialist II to join our team at our office in Reston, VA. The Information Security Specialist II will perform technical analysis and support for computer security procedures including personnel, physical security, communications, hardware, software, and data. Information Security Specialists enforce security requirements for protecting data against unauthorized, accidental or deliberate, modification, disclosure, denial, and destruction. This position does require occasional travel.
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system, and external Web integrity scans
- Monitors and proactively mitigates information security risks and conducts system security testing
- Plans, designs, implements, and manages, in conjunction with engineering staff, all security systems and their corresponding software, including firewalls, VPNs, intrusion detections systems, secure messaging, and antivirus software
- Recommends, develops, monitors, and enforces information security policies, Promotes general security and HIPAA security awareness among staffs
- Conducts research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of security efforts, Handles security incidents responses Ensures security regulations compliances including AICPA trust criteria, HIPAA, DIACAP, ISO 27001 and other local and state regulations, Oversees, manages, and provides technical expertise on security safeguards such as Checkpoint firewall, IPS, anti-virus systems, VPN, and secure messaging systems.
- Handle security related incidents including physical security incidents, provides supports to respond and coordinates to various client and SOC1, SOC2 security audits
- Manage Day to Day Security Operations including perimeter security, security monitoring, Data Loss Prevention, Vulnerability Assessment/Management, malware protection and other operational needs
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field required.
Licensure: Security+, any certification from ISACA or ISC2, Cisco, SANS
Relevant Work Experience: A minimum of 7 years of experience in an IT role and at least 4 years in an Information Security role.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Intermediate MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Basic Project proficiency
- Analysis and problem solving skills (Intermediate)
- Interpersonal communication skills (Intermediate)
- Verbal and written communication skills (Intermediate)
- Group presentation and public speaking skills (Basic)
- Collaboration and team-oriented work philosophy skills (Intermediate)
- Proficient in using Storage Area Networks, VMware, Cisco routers and switches and Windows Server technologies (Intermediate)
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
AAP Reporting Location:
ID (Req #):
Keywords: Beacon Health Options, Reston , Information Security Specialist, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!