LMS Administrator (Military Veterans Wanted!)
Company: JANUS Research Group, Inc.
Posted on: January 14, 2019
JANUS is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented LMS Administrator to join our team at JIDO. Job Summary: In direct support of the Joint Improvised-Threat Defeat Organization (JIDO), the LMS Administrator is responsible for the support and management of the LMS, including design, development, implementation, delivery, and maintenance of content, assets, and other resources used for instructional purposes for the JDT7 Education Team. Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serve as the domain administrator responsible for integrating the LMS and coordinate any user interface customization requirements and provide design recommendations for Government review and approval.
- Responsible for gathering data, compiling information, and preparing reports using structured and unstructured sources.
- Support the continued development, testing, and sustainment of courseware; acquisition, installation, and sustainment of applicable hardware and software to operate and integrate both the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) courseware and the LMS into existing architecture to facilitate and track user training.
- Ensure the LMS is capable of tracking individual training records for all students.
- Serve as help desk for and issues related to the LMS such as user account maintenance, documenting and troubleshooting application issues and training users on LMS functionality. Customer & Student Technical Support (45%)
- Ensure daily operational sustainment of the LMS.
- Ensure user (staff, instructors and students) access to LMS.
- Provide day-to-day and ongoing technical customer support to ensure smooth operations of internal and external training events.
- Track and report user activity providing statistical evaluation of student, instructor and course performance.
- Perform analysis and triage of customer inquiries and concerns and provide solutions as appropriate.
- Log and track customer requests for assistance, including demographic and program or resource data associated with each request.
- Develop and execute ad-hoc database queries for unique customer requests. Course Administration & Collaboration (45%)
- Collaborate with team members to develop, revise, and distribute resources to facilitate user success in the LMS experience.
- Assist with training event preparations and operations as needed, to include resource and materials management, and program tool configuration and validation. Assist with the inventory management, and distribution of digital communication and program materials.
- Participate in the preparation of digital documentation of tools and processes for customer use.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and analysis of program user satisfaction surveys, user analytics, and other identified performance metrics and data.
- Create and present regular reports from available data that documents trends and make recommendations for improvements.
- Support the creation of student user accounts in the learning management system confirming tool availability, access and function based on role assignment.
- Provide administrative support to and contribute to collaborative planning process with staff and organization as needed.
- Manage and update course activity schedules for training events.
- Set up and populate Sakai online instruction platform webpages supporting all internal and external training events.
- Update, administer and report course and program evaluation surveys for course, curriculum and self-evaluations.
- Work with faculty to facilitate a scalable and sustainable refresh and reuse process for online programs and courses.
- Training facilitator providing training advice and support to Government Clients, Subject Matter Experts in the development of instructional training products and materials. Systems Improvement (10%)
- Ability to work collaboratively with various groups and individuals, solve problems, and adapt to support emerging requirements is critical to this position.
- Conduct LMS Enhancements research.
- Adapt existing system features to stated requirements. Desired Skills:
- Master's degree in Informational technology, Instructional System Design, or related field.
- Foundational IT – SQL, Microsoft Windows systems, servers, and general IT practice.
- Experience implementing, deploying and/or administering MySQL Server database, Apache Tomcat and Apache HTTP Server in a Windows environment.
- Experience with MySQL Workbench
- Experience with Learning Management Systems, SAKAI preferred.
- Experience with SCORM, SCORM Compliance and integration with Learning Management Systems.
- Technical writing skills.
Keywords: JANUS Research Group, Inc., Reston , LMS Administrator (Military Veterans Wanted!), Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!