Sr. Principal Solutions Consultant
Posted on: May 24, 2020
Job Profile Summary
This position requires an active Top Secret Clearance, preferably a
Primarily provides pre-sales technical support for the development
and implementation of complex products/applications/solutions. Uses
in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales
staff and the customer through sales presentations and product
demonstrations. Assists the sales staff in assessing potential
application of company products to meet customer needs and may
prepare detailed product specifications for the development and
implementation of customer products/applications/solutions. May
create detailed design and implementation specifications for
complex products/applications/solutions. May build a
mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate
feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping
and/or product demo for client. May provide consultation to
prospective users and/or product capability assessment and
validation. This is a field pre-sales role that requires travel to
customer locations up to, and may exceed, 50% of the time, based on
the needs of the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with Account Manager to qualify and do discovery
around sales opportunities, to influence and develop sales account
strategy, and to position technology around competitive threats and
- Engages with customers and prospects to demonstrate our
solutions and products, effectively communicate the key core value
proposition, and key differentiators, and to confirm Informatica
technical viability for the opportunity
- Collaborates with Account Manager to complete Technical aspects
of RFIs and RFPs, identifies competitive landscape, expected
competitive behavior, and known competitive preferences.
- As the owner of the technical sales process, owns and manages
the development, delivery and/or orchestration of technical
activities driving toward technical validation, technical selection
and technical closure with the customer (technical presentations,
- Collaborates with Implementation Team and Customer Success to
ensure proper handoff from Sales to Implementation Provider
(Partner/IPS) or Success Managers.
- Timely documentation within CRM / Marketing software, as
applicable, of customer contact and activity data is required of
this role (e.g. contact information, opportunity details, product
information, sales stages, probability, business pain, firm-future
- Attends and completes in person, on demand, and online
enablement for Sales and/or Presales as needed.
- Routinely explains and sells the technical aspects of the
solution to customers up to and including large global
institutions, including Informaticas most complex accounts.
- At this level, the incumbent should contribute feedback,
materials, information that improves the quality of the SC
community, contribute to Regional Sales and/or Presales specific
programs, and mentor lesser scoped/experienced SC staff.
- Advises on competitive stance and creates counter strategies to
competitive threats in accounts (identify, evaluate their influence
and positioning eg. SWOT analysis strengths, weaknesses,
opportunities, and threats)
- Recognized as a spokesperson who actively seeks opportunities
for speaking engagements at conferences, partner events, and user
groups and may also have work published.
- Sought after internal resource to explain and sell the
technical aspects of the solution to customers at large global
institutions, including Informaticas most strategic accounts.
- Expected to be engaged with R&D Product Management staff to
build / maintain key internal relationships and provide a quality
feedback loop to R&D.
Knowledge & Skills
- Holds broad expertise or unique knowledge to contribute to
development of company objectives or to achieve goals in creative
and effective ways.
- Extensive industry knowledge and understanding of a customers
decision-making process, goals, strategies, and business
- Exhibits confidence and expertise with presentations, customer
service, financial/business acumen, and negotiation skills at all
levels of customer engagement.
- Holds a complete understanding and can articulate upon the
business and technical contexts of key accounts.
- Authoritative leader by example on accounts and compels others
to get on board.
- Mentors others at consultative effectiveness and establishing
trust with internal and external customers.
- Deep technical knowledge of hybrid deployment of software
solutions, Data Warehousing, Database, Big Data, and/or Business
Intelligence software concepts and products.
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
- Minimum 12+ years of relevant professional experience
Keywords: Informatica, Reston , Sr. Principal Solutions Consultant, Professions , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!