Power Services Group, ACEPS Engineering Technician
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Description Job Description:The NISC IV program within the Civil
group at Leidos is seeking a Air Route Traffic Control Center
(ARTCC) Critical Essential Power System (ACEPS) / Power Plant
Engineer with Mobile and Stationary Power Plant experience to
support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) customer. -The
Power Services Group / ACEPS Program needs this expertise to
support the replacement of the existing ACEPS Critical and Standby
Systems. - -Primary Responsibilities:
- Perform facility electrical inspections on the power systems
installed or modified by the Power Systems Group for compliance
with the applicable FAA orders and directives.
- Review engineering packages and submittals provided by FAA
contractors and vendors.
- Complete written responses and track action items associated
with the action items identified while performing facility
inspections and site visits.
- Participate in preparation of briefings and white papers on a
variety of power related issues that need to be briefed and
reported to upper FAA management and executives.
- Assist in preparation of technical document requirements
related to power systems that are being fielded.
- Participate in the review and rewriting of power systems
related orders, standards and specifications.
- Participate in a wide variety of program management activities
with FAA Organizations, Contractors, local authorities and the
program office in the design, acquisition, implementation, project
close out, testing and evaluation as tasked by the program
- Maintain program documents and assist with analysis of program
- Track, review, research, and coordinate approval of vendor
invoices and provide feedback to accounting and contracting
- Attend meetings and telecons in support of ACEPS
- Prepare ad hoc customer deliverables Basic Qualifications:
- BA degree, from an accredited college in a related discipline,
and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less
than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to assess inefficiencies in generators and generator
plants that have reduced availability and reliability. Individual
will assist in developing an action plan that can improve the
system performance and reliability to support Air Traffic
Operations without loss of service.
- Must have a strong background in Mobile and Stationary power
plants, Automated Transfer Switches and associated switchgear and
- Work as a team member and be accountable for meeting the
scheduled dates for tasked items.
- Must be able to travel to facilities within the continental US
(CONUS), the territories of the US, Guam and Puerto Rico. Pay
Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00#Remote
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Power Services Group, ACEPS Engineering Technician, Professions , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!