SR Business Analyst
Posted on: June 16, 2022
-Sr. Business AnalystOn Site: -Reston VAUS Citizenship
Required$60-$80 per hourDo you have experience defining
requirements and business cases for the technology developments
within a business unit? Can you analyze business and technical
processes to formulate and develop new and modified business
requirements? -We're looking for a Sr Business Analyst to
coordinate with business and technology teams, ascertain system
requirements, (program functions, output requirements, input data
acquisition) and system techniques and controls. -Is it you?This is
a complex and multifaceted role holding overall responsibility for
ensuring the successful planning, execution, and tracking of
functional and technical requirements from initiation through
integration testing in support of large and complex technology
projects. Erroneous decisions or recommendations in this role might
result in failure to achieve goals critical to the major objectives
of the organization. -This is a critical role needing an
experienced and self driven Technology Business Analyst. - As the
primary focal point -you'll be the Requirements/Testing lead and
will manage the work of both the external system integration
partner and internal testing resources to ensure system capability
is delivered with a high level of quality and meets customer
functionality requirements.If you're up to the challenge, your
functional responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of a team to help develop advanced concepts,
techniques and standards and aid in requirements developmentto
develop new applications based on professional principles and
- Assist in development of solutions by reviewing, analyzingand
evaluating user needs and problems of unusual complexity which
require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and
- Serve as consultant and external spokesperson for the
organization on significant matters relating to policies, programs,
capabilitiesand long range goals and objectives. May serve as an
advisor to senior external personnel on significant technical
matters oftenrequiring coordination between organizations
- Document Business and Functional requirements and Technical
Requirements Traceability matrix and maintains them throughout all
test cycles to deployment. -
- These documents include use cases, business workflows, system
to system interactions and integration mappings, data flow
diagrams, process flow diagrams.
- Develop the end-to end (E2E) Test Strategy/Plan, obtaining
required approvals / sign-offs and ensuring that the plan is
communicated to all project stakeholders. -
- Execute to the Strategy/Plan anticipating problems and carrying
out mitigation actions as necessary.
- Verify that the entry criteria are met before the start of
- Prioritize and -escalate issues/concerns as necessary
consistent with the governance model when potential impacts to
project schedule or quality may result.
- Verify that testing exit criteria are met before E2E testing is
- Create the End-to-End Test Closure Summary and presentation to
the project team. -
- Plan, prepare, and execute testing Kick-Off event for E2E
Project Team Testers with assistance and feedback from Integrations
- Develop the procedure that will be used for the documentation,
review, and sign off the integration test scenarios.
- Review and approve that test scenarios reflect what was defined
in the FDDs and they meet SDLC format requirements.
- Ensure test stakeholders develop and signoff on predefined exit
criteria and meaningful test scenarios based on the foundation of
generic scenarios provided by system integration partner.
- Coordinate testing logistics including readiness of testing
environment, tester logins, roles & responsibilities and execution
of testing. -
- Ensure other testers complete testing in line with project
- Develop and implement strategies around automated testing for
the purpose of regression testing.
- Serve as an expert in the field within the company.Education,
experience, skills and attributes required for success in this
critical role include:
- US Citizenship is required for consideration
- 12+ Years relevant experience with Bachelors; 10+ Years with
Masters; 7+ Years with PhD - Relevant past experience specifically
refers to previous roles as Business Analyst and testing lead in
large software development and deployment and/or
Commercial-off-the-shelf software configuration and
- Understanding of organizational structure and norms. -
- Experience with enterprise-level Software-as-a-Service
- Experience with Agile development and testing practices.
- Experience using automated tools to support regression and /
- Must be self-motivated, self-driven and willing to take on new
- Must be knowledgeable and have demonstrated experience in
technical and functional operations of software and IT organization
and have a strong technical aptitude
- Experience participating in or leading system testing for large
projects and familiarity with tools used to track issues and
- Excellent ability to communicate with ability to facilitate
working meetings and requirements gathering sessions with all
levels of business and technical stakeholders. Must be capable of
asking probing questions and be an effective listener. -
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically, evaluate
information gathered and present ideas.
- Must possess excellent documentation and writing skills with
strong background and experience in problem solving.
- Must have prior experience ensuring testing exit criteria are
met before E2E testing is deemed complete.
- Ability to create the End-to-End Test Closure Summary and
presentation to the project team.
- Skilled in planning, preparing, and executing testing Kick-Off
event for E2E Project Team Testers with assistance and feedback
- Experience developing procedures used for the documentation,
review, and sign off the integration test scenarios.
- Must be able to review and approve that test scenarios reflect
what was defined in the FDDs and they meet SDLC format
- Ability to ensure test stakeholders develop and sign-off on
predefined exit criteria and meaningful test scenarios based on the
foundation of generic scenarios provided by system integration
- Must be able to coordinate testing logistics including
readiness of testing environment, tester logins, roles &
responsibilities and execution of testing.
- Must be able to ensure testers complete testing in line with
- Must be able to develop and implement strategies around
automated testing for the purpose of regression testing.
- Should be experienced in a broad range of business
applications/domains and development methodologies. -That's a long
list because we need someone who can succeed in this challenging
role with many moving targets. -If the complexity and variety of
that laundry list of skills needed doesn't surprise or frighten
you, -follow the link below to apply today.We're ready to hire and
will respond quickly and directly to all qualified applicants -#CB
-Amy Cody-Quinn(703) email@example.com*Rates listed are
not a guarantee of salary/rate. -Rate offered at time of hire will
depend on many factors including education, experience, interview
results and skill level. -US Citizenship is required. -We cannot
work with third party recruiters or agencies in filling this direct
long term W2 hourly defense industry contract -GeoLogics is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to
hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
Keywords: GeoLogics, Reston , SR Business Analyst, Professions , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!