Sr. Cyber Defense Analyst
Posted on: June 22, 2022
DescriptionJob Description:This is an opportunity to join a team
of highly skilled and innovative network defenders, and the best
group of individuals out there. Leidos' Cybersecurity Intelligence
and Response Team (CSIRT) has an immediate opening for a motivated
Cyber Defense Analyst. Leidos is an international company made up
of 35,000 employees that provides Defense, Intelligence and Health
Products to our customers. Our goal is to stay ahead of, and
maintain a technical advantage over our adversaries using the
latest technical advancements, including custom built cybersecurity
capabilities. As a key part of the team, your responsibilities will
include threat hunting, and tactical analysis of ongoing attacks by
criminal and nation state actors. You will perform data analysis,
incident response, investigative analysis, and research on existing
and emerging cyber threats, particularly those directed against
Leidos' global networks. You will be expected to "think like an
adversary" and engage in threat hunting operations leveraging your
understanding of the tactics, techniques and procedures employed by
advanced threats combined with intelligence from multiple sources,
and provide reporting and briefings to other teams and leadership
in order to maintain appropriate levels of situational awareness.
In this position, you will have the ability to grow through
training opportunities, conferences and collaboration with industry
peers and adjacent parts of our business. You will be challenged
and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a highly
collaborative and supportive environment.PRIMARY
- Analyze network and host activity associated with both
successful and unsuccessful intrusions by advanced attackers.
- Perform network traffic analysis utilizing raw packet data, net
flow, IDS, and custom sensor output.
- Support enterprise incident response efforts
- Leverage understanding of tactics, techniques and procedures
associated with advanced threats to create and add custom
signatures that mitigate highly dynamic threats to the
- Employ advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack
reconstruction and intelligence gathering.
- Proactively research emerging cyber threats. Apply analytical
understanding of attacker methodologies and tactics, system
vulnerabilities, and key indicators of attacks and exploits.
- Contribute to threat intelligence reports and briefings that
provide situational awareness of cyber threats impacting the
company's global network infrastructure, to every level of the
- Participate in threat hunt operations using known adversary
tactics, techniques and procedures, as well as indicators of
attack, in order to detect advanced threats to the enterprise.
- Collaborate using information and knowledge sharing networks
and professional relationships to achieve common goals.
- Provide on-call support for incident response efforts outside
of core hours, as needed.
- Mentor junior analysts technically and conceptually
- Collect, create and disseminate threat intelligence
- Lead small groups within the team for discernable tasks,
including projects and incident response
- Drive advanced countermeasures through to completion
- Understanding and educating the team about defending new threat
- BS Degree and 8-12 years relevant experience in cyber security
or network defense; or 7-11 years relevant experience with relevant
certifications (CISSP, SANS GIAC, CEH, etc.)
- Experience in conventional network\host-based intrusion
analysis, digital forensics, or malware analysis.
- Experience performing "deep dive" analysis and correlation of
log data from multiple sources including PCAP and forensic
- Experience leading and contributing to incident response
- Strong understanding of Operating Systems and Network
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows administrative tools, and
the Unix/Linux command line.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Understanding of behavioral based threat models, including
ATT&CK, Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model, etc.
- Experience with Splunk (preferred) or other SIEM-type
- Capable and comfortable communicating actionable threat
intelligence to both technical and executive-level
- Familiarity with common languages (like Perl and Python) to
parse logs, automate processes, and integrate systems.
- Previous experience as Threat Researcher and/or Intelligence
- Experience with dynamic malware analysis, and reverse
- Experience in cryptography or cryptanalysis
- Experience in cyber security engineering
- Experience defending large cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure,
- Ability to create, modify, and implement both Snort and YARA
- Published research papers at conferences or through other
mediums (blogs, articles).
- Working knowledge of Computer Network Exploitation (CNE),
Computer Network Attack (CNA) and Computer Network Defense (CND)
tools and techniques.
- A deep understanding of advanced cyber threats targeting
enterprises, along with the tools, tactics, and procedures used by
- Experience applying threat and data modeling, advanced data
correlation, and statistical analysis to develop alerts, notable
events, investigative dashboards, and metrics driven reports.Pay
Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00The Leidos
pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a
guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered
in extending an offer include (but are not limited to)
responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge,
skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with
market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Sr. Cyber Defense Analyst, Professions , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!