Cost Analyst - Washington, DC / Baltimore
Company: Turner Construction Company
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Washington DC Main
Reston, VA 20190 USA
Minimum Years Experience:
If you picture yourself doing great things that make a difference
in the lives of others, Turner is the place to be. Turner
Construction is an industry leading commercial construction general
contractor with a 120 year history spanning iconic projects around
the globe, including 10 of the world's 100 tallest buildings.
Turner is committed to sustaining a diverse, equitable, and
inclusive environment where everyone feels connected, sees
themselves represented at all levels of the company, and feels
supported to reach their ultimate potential. Turner builds some of
the most ambitious projects in the world. The technical expertise
of our people makes us a recognized leader in many markets. Our
projects are well known. Our people set us apart. We inspire
greatness. Can you picture yourself at Turner? If so, apply and
let's do great things together!
Position Description: Prepare financial analyses, reports, and
audit forecasts to confirm costs and effectively validate forecast
financial outcome of assigned projects.Reports to: When assigned to
and located at a specific project, responsible to the Project
Engineer or Project Manager, reports to the Senior Cost
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess project financial risks and report project plan to
- Accumulate, audit, and correlate information from all sources
to produce required cost reports such as Budget Analysis Reports
(BARs), special studies, and Cost-audited BARs (CABs); prepare
interpretive analysis as required.
- Know project contract with Owner and Turner's contractual
- Work with project accounting to ensure costs are posted
correctly to ledger.
- Audit budget report for accuracy and ensure it reflects all
costs posted to ledger.
- Provide budget audit findings and ensure project makes all
- Analyze current budget reports, holds, and unboughts.
- Audit project forecast of General Conditions, General
Requirements, staff and labor projections to accurately forecast
- Audit project re-forecasted projections and studies as project
- Participate in Operations Review Meetings (ORMs) with senior
business unit management.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all general contract documents
and relationship of job estimate to contract documents.
- Train and develop new Costs Analysts and project
- Visit jobsites, evaluate project progress and conditions, and
review findings with project management.
- Review current field conditions in trades and evaluate costs,
Superintendent's Instruction to Subcontractors (SISs), exposures,
claims and recoveries.
- Act as bridge between Accounting and field staff.
- Monitor and understand project cash position.
- Participate in Payment Application creation and understand
connection with Budget Report.
- Understand and audit SAP forecasting workbenches.
- Ensure proper contract review, Contract Authorization (CA), and
Peckar & Abramson checklist to understand business deal, assumed
contractual risks, and potential earnings impact.
- Establish Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) Element for allocation
of costs, work with Engineering and Finance.
- Prepare final Cost Audited Budget Analysis Report (CAB),
reconcile to final contract value and cost.
- Validate final revenue before final bill submission.
- Other activities, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering,
Construction Management or related field, and 3 years of related
experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or
- High degree of organizational skills and exceptional attention
- Financial system applications proficiency and advanced MS
- Self-starter, adaptable, and flexible to operate with minimal
direction and/or supervision working in complex and changing
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion, ability to
identify problems and make recommendations for resolution
- Demonstrate leadership, strong dedication to teamwork and
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the
required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent
and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel
hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under
construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands
to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk
and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy weight.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this
job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work
site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high
precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather
conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work
environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer -
minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual
VEVRAA Federal Contractor Apply NowShare Save Job
Keywords: Turner Construction Company, Reston , Cost Analyst - Washington, DC / Baltimore, Professions , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!