Senior Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis
Company: Aleut Support Services LLC - MAIN
Posted on: November 20, 2022
ABOUT ALEUT FEDERAL
At Aleut Federal, we believe the company and its mission is just as
important as the job you are applying for. Aleut Federal is an
Alaskan Native-owned enterprise whose purpose is to support our
"Shareholders," the Unangax, the indigenous people of the Aleutian
Islands of Alaska. People are at the core the core of everything we
do. We support our Shareholders by providing excellent service and
quality results to our Clients, the various branches of the federal
government. We engage in our local markets, so community service is
embedded into our process.
Our culture nurtures the strength of our workforce through
mentorship and coaching, providing opportunities for growth, and
competitive benefits. We support and encourage diversity,
inclusion, and accountability at every level.
The Aleut Federal motto is "We are One" because we truly believe
that with one heart, one mind, and one purpose, we can accomplish
our mission and be an organization anyone would be proud to be a
Looking for a corporate finance and planning analyst who is
energetic, has a positive "can do" attitude, has a strong work
ethic, is proactive, expert in financial modeling / analysis / data
science / analytics. Great team to work with and you have a
relative blank slate to work your magic in Excel for analytics,
PowerPoint for presentations, and other tools we assess and
This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer to
provide accurate and timely financial reporting to the Aleut
Federal leadership team and to The Aleut Corporation. The selected
candidate will need to work closely with project control,
accounting, and program personnel. Flexibility in work from home
time however local to Washington, DC / Virginia / Maryland area
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Design, develop, and maintain dynamic financial reporting tools
to provide analytics and increase accuracy and improve efficiency
of financial reporting
* Prepare financial presentations in Excel and PowerPoint
* Develop / Consolidate / Analyze financial reporting packages and
variance analysis monthly, quarterly, and annual results
* Drive weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecasting updates
* Drive the annual budgeting process along with Budget vs Actual
* Develop and track analysis to identify, evaluate, and quantify
risks and opportunities across all Aleut Federal lines of
* Assist with projects relating to financial reporting/accounting
operations initiatives, as assigned.
* Provides and supports information requests related to the interim
and year-end consolidated financial statements
* Create standard and ad hoc reports to effectively communicate
* Collaborate with accounting to ensure financial reporting
* Bachelor's Degree in finance required; Master's Degree a plus
(Accounting/Finance focus preferred)
* 7+ years related experience
* Familiarity with Government Contracting, FAR
* Experience with accounting systems, databases, and reporting
tools - Deltek Costpoint, COGNOS preferred.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, advanced user of MS
* Experience working in a cross-functional environment and
interacting with multiple departments
* Comfortable managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced
* Demonstrated high level of strategic thinking and business
* Excellent customer service skills
* Ability to work effectively across the organization with
management, other team members, and customers
* Ability to respond to changing requirements.
* Critical Thinking - Evaluate and interpret data, facts, and
information to create unique and creative solutions; open to
learning new ideas/skills; flexible and excited by a challenge.
* Interpersonal Skills - Able to communicate effectively with
different people in varying fields and positions.
* Teamwork - Work collaboratively with members of the Aleut
* Organizational Proficiency - Plan, prioritize, and achieve goals
to maximize the impact of the role.
* Flexibility/Adaptability - Able to cope and adjust with the
changing priorities and disruptions.
* Drive - Motivated to succeed and be a part of the success of the
Aleut Federal mission of giving back to our Shareholders, providing
consistent excellence in execution.
* Ability to pass a pre-employment background screening.
Keywords: Aleut Support Services LLC - MAIN, Reston , Senior Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis, Professions , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!