Professional Land Surveyor
Company: Leidos Inc
Posted on: March 8, 2023
Description Job Description:No two career paths will ever look
the same. At , we know the most talented and diverse engineering
professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your
time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in
yourself. Protect yourself and your family with the of working for
a world-class employer. , you join a Fortune 500 company and one of
Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies".We are
seeking a Professional Land Surveyor to work remotely within the
state of Virginia.This person will contribute to the team-based
culture of the organization through communication to the team,
building relationships with clients and contractors. The
Professional Land Surveyor will successfully contribute to the
management of the distribution surveying department, supporting the
engineering department and developing the team members. The
Professional Land Surveyor will direct the survey team in the
completion of requested surveys, scheduling survey crews, hiring,
coaching and developing team members.Professional Land Surveyor
- Coordinate, schedule, and provide oversight to field personnel
to conduct Electric Distribution Pole Surveys.
- Implement and champion the use of field technology and software
to improve pole survey efficiency.
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports and legal
descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify and assume
liability for work performed.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and
calculations conducted at survey sites for preparation of
- Direct or conduct surveys in order to establish legal
boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles.
- Record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour,
location, elevation and dimensions of land or land features.
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines
and other characteristics of terrain.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all date, charts, plots,
maps, records and documents related to surveys.
- Travel will be necessary.
- Providing project quotes, drafting proposals, scheduling survey
- Coaching and developing survey crew members.Professional Land
Surveyor Basic Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent and minimum of three (3) +
years of experience in the Surveying field.
- Surveyor License (Required) or VA registered Professional Land
Surveyor (Or the ability to acquire within 6 months)
- Two (2) or more years of experience with AutoCAD
- Driver's License
- Ability to work within budget and schedule constraints on
multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to comfortably interact with peers, staff members,
clients and the general public.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage and schedule all surveying related work
- Advanced communication skills.
- Computer knowledge with high proficiency in all Microsoft
- Excellent organizational skills to include self-management and
impeccable tracking of all initiatives and efforts.
- Resourceful and highly reliable with efficient approach and
attention to detail.
- Excellent follow-up skills.Professional Land Surveyor Preferred
- Prior experience conducting Electric Distribution Pole
Surveys.WHAT WE DO Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused
solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our
Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and
telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with
more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than
160municipals/cooperatives,as well as a growing number of mobile
operators, local utility providers and private developers. In
addition to providing engineering and project management services,
Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading
construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery
Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by
the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR)
ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power
Firms. To explore and learn more, click !At Leidos, we deliver
innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and
talented people who are dedicated to our customers' success. We
empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate
sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the
right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our
Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.We take
care of our employees. At Leidos, we seek the best and the
brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your
future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and
continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project
management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent
certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world's
toughest problems, and with a welcoming culture that recognizes the
importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as . We believe
that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the
chance to have fun and make a difference.PDSDLINEPowerDeliveryPay
Range:Pay Range $53,300.00 - $82,000.00 - $110,700.00The Leidos pay
range for this job level is a general guideline onlyand not a
guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered
in extending an offer include (but are not limited to)
responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge,
skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with
market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other
Keywords: Leidos Inc, Reston , Professional Land Surveyor, Professions , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...