Application Security Consultant (mid)
Posted on: December 9, 2018
MidLevel Application Security Consultant US Citizens or Green card holders onlyCoveros helps organizations build, test, and deliver secure software applications using Agile methods. Our culture is one of teams, collaboration, knowledge sharing, mentoring, and agility. We are looking for people who share our passion to provide customer value and ensure customers succeed. Coveros people have a strong background in computer science, or software engineering, balanced by experience in practical delivery using Agile methods and software assurance best practices. They are resourceful, innovative, focused, capable, and thrive in the perpetual learning environment we provide. Coveros is seeking Midlevel Security professionals to provide development engineering services to our teams and customers.Role Description/Responsibilities:In this role, resource will be responsible for performing the following tasks/providing the following support to the AFS program team:
- Serve as a liaison between development teams and stakeholders to understand and formulate complex security requirements
- Maintain and enforces application security best practices. Supports opportunities for process improvement and implementation efforts.
- Perform third-party libraries security assessment and dependency analysis
- Apply advanced knowledge of web application vulnerabilities to review application source code to find its security vulnerabilities (CSRF, XSS, SQL Injection, Privilege Escalation, etc.) and recommend remediation
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Be proficient in static and dynamic vulnerability analysis and penetration testing techniques
- Web Application Security Testing - P3 Advanced
- Web Services Security - P2 Proficient
- Application Remediation - P2 Proficient All candidates should have:
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Eligibility to receive Federal Public Trust clearance
- Established residency in the US for at least 3 of the last 5 years.
- Candidates must be local to the Washington, D.C. Metro/Northern VA area - travel will not be reimbursed.
Keywords: Coveros, Reston , Application Security Consultant (mid), Professions , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!