Sr Consultant Application Performance Monitoring (APM)
Posted on: December 9, 2018
The Senior Consultant/SME analyzes customer requirements and responsible for ensuring that our Application Performance Monitoring platform is available for service and can support the demands placed upon it from applications across the Client Enterprise. The ideal candidate must be skilled at working with AppDynamics APM, or similar performance monitoring tools, as well as have familiarity with the supporting IT infrastructure which hosts the platform.WHAT YOU WILL DO:Work interactively with all project staff, both internal and customer to meet assigned timelines with high-quality, complete deliverables. Support client application performance in the following areas:
- Handle escalated support issues
- Execution and monitoring of system utilities
- Evaluate AppDynamics Patches and Fixes as needed for potential implementation
- Work with architecture, business and delivery teams to determine strategic direction for APM platform
- Help users develop and/or enhance reports and dashboards for meaningful application metrics
- Identifying opportunities to automate repetitive processes increasing efficiency
- Orchestrating cross infrastructure team work groups to resolve or enhance system performance, incidents and maintenance
- Communicate and collaborate with other application support teams technical resources and stakeholders regarding status, technical issues and creative solutions
- Build client trust and respect, establish client relationships, and develop rapport with client
- Advocate the APM solution and processes and seek partnership with business application teams to solicit buy in through engagement
- Participate and engage in all team meetings
- Document best practices and operational procedures
- Test and implement AppDynamics Monitoring Extensions appropriate for Client's technology stack (e.g. Webservers; Messaging Tiers, Middlewares, databases, infrastructure components)
- Monitoring Web Application Performance and critical application end user experience
- Provide evaluation of application performance and capacity on system resources usage to sustain business application volume processing.
- Utilize diagnostic and monitoring tools to measure, detect, isolate and resolve performance issues found during application development performance testing including measuring, monitoring and capturing required infrastructure & application performance metrics, logs and reports.
- Perform 3rd level performance troubleshooting for applications/systems Root cause analysis, heap dump, core dump, thread dump and other log analysis, code profiling, packet tracing, event tracing, resource analysis
- Conduct health checks periodically to ensure deployment is completed and production system is configured for customer success. Aid in any open RFEs and outstanding support tickets. Identify training gaps and opportunities for expansion and enhancement. WHAT YOU WILL NEED: Technical
- Demonstrate knowledge of application performance matters in a complex multi-tiered environment
- Effectively drive customer toward successful discovery and requirements capture if needed.
- Deep technical skills in at least one core language environment e.g. Java, PHP, .NET, etc.
- Some experience with or exposure to middleware such as WebLogic, WebSphere, etc.
- Build skills in technical areas that support the deployment and integration of performance based solutions, including applications, base level OS, middleware, network, virtual, etc.Soft Skills
- Ability to provide on time, accurate and realistic status reports or input to status reports using standard templates
- Ability to work well in teams to provide strong, relevant input and to allow ideas from others to be shared and used when appropriate
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as excellent communication skills, verbal and written to both technical and non-technical audiences that are in a geographically dispersed environment (conference calls, Skype, face-to-face)
- Prioritize and support time to deliver on commitments
- Ability to guide / mentor other Administrators and troubleshoot issuesQualifications/Certifications:
- Technical Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Experience with monitoring application technologies (Java, .NET, PHP, Python)
- Experience with WebSphere Application Servers and .NET framework
- 6+ relevant years of technical IT experience
- 4+ years' experience as an APM Administrator
- Possess or have the ability to obtain the AppDynamics AEEP certification
- Possess an ACTIVE Secret, Top Secret or favorable CBP suitability clearance
- Unique combination of being business-minded and highly analytical while also having a strong and deep technical background in Application Performance Monitoring
- Integrate AppDynamics with other tools and applications in the environment.
- Ability to identify and mitigate risks before issues arise - provided by Dice AppDynamics; Java; .Net; Python; Websphere
Keywords: Govplace, Reston , Sr Consultant Application Performance Monitoring (APM), Professions , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!