Cloud Security Architect IV
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Employer provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable
mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the
leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more
people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the
housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we
work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Employer, visit
Plan and design methods for the optimization and integration of
various forms of technology systems or policies and high level
principals. Apply varied engineering and design theories to produce
robust, integrated functioning of various systems, technology
interfaces, and/or overarching information policies and high level
principles. Assess functioning of overall technology and
communications systems and end-to-end processes and to look for
ways to upgrade and optimize systems and processes in the future.
Work across the architecture and technology organization to ensure
effective implementation, architecture compliance and conflict
resolution. May participate in projects to upgrade or install
workstations, networks, or software, or to assess and optimize
overall functioning of technology, data and processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- May serve as lead or technical expert to define and maintain
the architectural frameworks/patterns, processes, standards and
guidelines related to systems, business or data
- Define core and support technology, data entities, business
functions and/or subject areas that transcend organizational and
- Provide technical and architectural subject matter expertise to
the various development teams including communicating architectural
decisions and mentoring other technical staff around the various
development technologies and decisions.
- Identify core common data shared across the enterprise and
participate in enterprise wide efforts to reach common
understanding of those data.
- May serve as lead, technical expert or project manager to
team(s) concerned with development, networking and/or project
management to coordinate changes and support enterprise technology
- Conduct studies of new technologies to provide more efficient
and cost effective architecture solutions
- Oversee multiple projects in order to preserve the
architectural vision and protect stakeholder interests as well as
to meeet operational and financial reporting requirements
- Confer with business units and application development staff to
understand both the business and technical requirements and to
define architectural constraints
- Create performance metrics and traceability maps to determine
the effectiveness of architecture solutions and facilitate
governance. Keep abreast of relevant architecture best
- May review work of other team members and mentor junior
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required ------
- 6+-- years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS ----
- Ability to lead Security Architecture consultation with other
parts of Information Security, Enterprise/Business/Data
Architecture, IT and Business partners, and peers on proper
security architecture and software development processes to ensure
the applications developed and systems implemented are in line with
security best practices and company policies and standards and are
compliant with the required frameworks (ISO, SOX, SWIFT, OWASP,
NIST Cyber Security, etc.).
- Experience with the architecture and implementation of
- Proven expertise in building a defense in depth infrastructure
security architecture that includes security controls across
multiple technology stack.
- Architecture and solution design experience required to develop
infrastructure based detailed design specifications.
- Experience with network virtualization and/or software defined
- Strong foundation and in-depth technical knowledge in security
engineering, computer and network security, authentication and
security protocols, and applied cryptography
- Experience with public cloud environments and technologies,
including Amazon Web Services (AWS) , Azure, GCP and/or
- AWS Cloud Services experience; solution delivery expertise,
migration of applications to the cloud, automation through various
tools both AWS native and third-party.
- Serves as a leader in the AWS space for InfoSec interfacing
with internal and external customers and other parts of
- Must have solid knowledge and understanding of scripting and
secure configurations for mainstream operating systems (*nix,
- Implement Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code
(e.g. Chef, CloudFormation, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible)
- Experience in DevOps environments and automating security
controls into the CI/CD process
- Experience with Jenkins or other CI tools and knowledge of
technologies like containers and Microservices
- Experience in an environment using agile methodology
- Strong knowledge in enterprise logging and monitoring solutions
including monitoring privilege user accounts and sensitive
- IT Security certifications required: CISSP, AWS Solutions
Architect, AWS Security Specialist
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and be
comfortable with ambiguity.
- Exceptional experience influencing collaborating and
negotiating positive outcomes across stakeholders in highly
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture frameworks such as
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior Financial Services and consulting experience a
As a condition of employment with Employer, any successful job
applicant will be required to successfully complete a background
Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55986
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Reston , Cloud Security Architect IV, Professions , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!