Data Management Analyst III - Metadata
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable
mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the
leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more
people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the
housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we
work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit
This position establishes, maintains, and communicates standards
for recording, searching, and reporting data kept in the
enterprise's databases and warehouses. This position documents data
flows, data mappings, performs data lineage analysis as required by
various enterprise projects. This position confers as needed with
other technical staff to plan database conversion projects, or to
establish large scale mining, reporting, or data display exercises.
Leads or provides technical assistance to data projects or
operations to maintain enterprise-wide standards and attain more
efficient use of data resources. Researches, assesses, and reports
use of data standards and ways in which they can be modified as
needs change and corporate platforms develop.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborate with business partners, technical partners, and
representatives from other organizations to understand and evaluate
their requirements regarding data, and ensure they are meet the
needs and conform to the enterprise standards.
- Perform any necessary data mapping and data lineage activities,
documents information flows.
- Manage initiatives focused on implementing enterprise data
- Align enterprise data management activities with industry best
- Develop metrics associated with core job functions, exhibiting
how better data management practices improve business value.
- Align data management efforts/initiatives directly to providing
- Work with manager to monitor use and form of reporting data in
multiple platforms and reports throughout the organization.
Contribute to developing and communicating corporate and regulatory
standards for using, providing access to, and reporting data, and
to the compliance framework for tracking the implementation of
- Request and track reporting from departmental units on use of
and security standards for data used in variety of databases and
- Assist manager in establishing data security guidelines for
data subject to specific regulatory requirements.
- Communicate with organizational units concerned with risk
management, legal compliance and privacy to ensure unit's standards
and practices are consistent. EDUCATION
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4 - 6 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Hands-on data analysis experience, preferably in the secondary
- Ability to absorb information and data from multiple sources,
apply strong analytical skills, and provide thoughtful and
strategic recommendations to deliver tangible business value.
- Good general understanding of the data concepts (Data Quality,
Data Modeling, etc.) with emphasis on Metadata.
- Demonstrated high proficiency in SQL, MS-Excel and
- Experience with Cloud metadata collection and configuring data
governance structure in Collibra or similar data
management/governance tools a plus. EMPLOYMENT
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job
applicant will be required to successfully complete a background
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57434
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Reston , Data Management Analyst III - Metadata, Professions , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!