Capital Markets Analyst
Company: FHLB Office of Finance
Posted on: October 11, 2019
POSITION: Capital Markets Analyst
DIVISION: Capital Markets
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of Funding
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Capital Markets Desk is responsible for advising and assisting
the FHLBanks in meeting their funding and market access needs in
the short and long term capital markets. On an annual basis, the
Office of Finance manages the issuance of approximately $6 trillion
in short term funding and $400 billion in term funding.
The entry level Capital Markets Analyst (CMA) is a member of the
Capital Markets desk and is responsible for:
- Supporting Funding Desk Team and Funding Desk Operations
Associate in the issuance, processing and reporting of FHLBanks
securities and producing reports that support Capital Market
- Responding to and providing assistance on incoming telephone
- Developing strong relationships with internal OF employees, 11
FHLBanks, over 60 security underwriters, interest derivative
counterparties and other related market participants.
- Assisting with the creation and maintenance of business process
documentation, process diagrams and Capital Markets projects.
- Evaluating market conditions and responding to new market
- Assisting and executing issuance of short term and long term
consolidated obligations under well-established policies,
procedures, operating guidelines and risk parameters.
- Supporting the OF's diversity and inclusion strategy by
following policies and procedures that ensure opportunities for
employees and diverse business partners.
- Assisting with other job duties as assigned.
At the Office of Finance, effective business continuity is
essential to maintaining our critical operational capabilities and
continuing to support the FHLBanks in the event of a crisis.
Capital Markets is defined as a "most critical" business function.
Capital Markets employees may be required to be available during
any planned and unplanned business interruptions.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics or related
field of study is required.
- Microsoft Office software competency - specifically graphs,
pivot tables and PowerPoint; experience with Business Objects
software and Bloomberg preferred.
- Ability to work within a fast paced, high-performing team in an
inclusive work environment.
- Capacity to work on several assignments concurrently and
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills. ---Attention to
- The ability to initiate and complete work assignments
effectively and in a timely manner, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to listen and integrate ideas from diverse groups of
financial institutions and individuals, build and maintain
respectful relationships, and collaborate with others.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of the Federal Home Loan Banks Office of Finance
to ensure equal employment opportunity (EEO) for all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, or related
conditions), national origin or ancestry, age, disability, veteran
status, uniformed service member status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, status as a parent, genetic information (including
testing and characteristics), or any other characteristic protected
by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is the OF's policy
to comply with applicable laws concerning the employment of persons
with disabilities, including reasonable accommodation for
applicants and employees with disabilities.
Keywords: FHLB Office of Finance, Reston , Capital Markets Analyst, Professions , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!