Company: 7-Eleven, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overview:The Sales Associate is a key employee whose actions
have a direct effect on the store quality for our guests, in
addition to ensuring profitability of our stores. This position is
responsible for providing prompt, efficient, effective, safe and
courteous quality services to the guest.
Cultivate a G-U-E-S-T in Mind Culture.
1. Focus on the wildly important.
2. Be a leader.
3. Be committed to the guest.Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, courteous customer service by discovering
- Rings up all sales on cash register, or point-of-sale equipment
properly and accurately. Using suggestive selling techniques.
- Maintains ethical integrity, and honesty while handling money,
checks, and other types of payment received for products sold.
- Follows policies and procedures established to prevent loss or
cash and merchandise due to actions by employees, vendors, and
customers. Ensures proper cash handling procedures and policies are
- Safeguards cash and merchandise; follow company robbery
prevention and reaction procedures as provided in the Emergency
Response and Reporting Procedures and Policy Manual.
- Performs duties necessary to maintain internal and external
store cleanliness; in addition to basic upkeep so that floors,
windows, restrooms, food preparation areas, shelves, and counters
stay clean and presentable at all times.
- Reacts and reports to customer complaints tactfully and
- Follows company policy and procedure and all laws governing
restricted beverage and tobacco sales.
- Performs service transactions in accordance with company policy
such as s lottery sales and redemption; vendor coupon redemptions;
company approved credit cards, and etc.
- Adheres to company policies when related to safety and
security. Looking for and eliminating safety hazards; reporting
unsafe acts or conditions to management.
- Prepares required accident/incident reports; immediately
reporting such activities to the Facility Manager.
- Maintains gas island cleanliness, safety, and stock levels (oil
spills, windshield fluid, pumps, and etc.)
- Complies with all food safety behaviors including: proper
handling procedures, temperature requirements, and established
- Receives products from vendors, following correct procedures.
Assist management in vendor check-in.
- Maintains merchandise including: proper rotation, storage,
stocking, and pricing promptly/accurately.
- Assists in maintaining proper inventory levels and audits.
- Maintains knowledge of all products offerings and
- Completes all required paper work accurately (vendor invoices,
job assignment sheets, etc.)
- Maintains a professional appearance in accordance with company
uniform and personal appearance policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reports to work on time and when
scheduled.Qualifications:Education/ExperienceMust be at least 18
years or older to apply. High School diploma or GED is preferred.
Previous sales experience is preferred. Maintains current food
handlers or food safety certification as required by county. Must
be authorized to work in the United States.
Knowledge and SkillsDemonstrates sales and customer services
skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and to speak effectively before
customers and employees. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and
divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common
fractions and decimals. Ability to exercise sound judgment and work
with minimum supervision. Ability to perform basic computer
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for full shift.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds from
ground to overhead, and/or 60 pounds from ground to waist level
(i.e., assisting in stocking/maintaining inventory levels.)
- Ability to push, and pull with arms up to a force of 128 pounds
(i.e., utilizing hand truck.)
- Ability to bend at the waist with some twisting, up to one hour
of the workday.
- May be required to climb a ladder and/or stool, kneel or crouch
to store or retrieve materials and/or place or remove signs.
- Ability to grasp, reach, and manipulate objects with hands all
day. This handwork requires eye-hand coordination and may require
bilateral coordination of hands, up to four hours of the
- Employee performs approximately 95% of work indoors. Outside
work will be required.
- Employee is exposed to intermittent indoor cold temperature
extremes when working in the walk-in cooler and/or
freezer.Equipment, Tools, and Materials
- Employee must be able to utilize the following electric
equipment: telephone, cash register, fuel console, lottery machine,
money order machine, microwave, grill, coffee/cappuccino machine,
- Employee must handle liquids, and certain cleaning
- Committed to work assigned hours and/or adjust work schedule as
requested by manager.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (nights, weekends, and
- Stores operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential job functions. Essential functions are job
duties that an employee must be able to perform with or without
reasonable accommodation. All of the responsibilities listed above
are considered essential job functions to this position.
This job description is subject to change at any
time.#INDSJ711Store Location: Store 40313 11190 South Lakes Dr
Reston, VA, 20191 United States
Keywords: 7-Eleven, Inc., Reston , Sales Associate, Sales , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!