Federal Sales Director
Posted on: September 14, 2018
Ekahau is the global leader in solutions for enterprise wireless network design and troubleshooting. More than 15,000 customers, including 30% of Fortune 500 companies, run their networks with Ekahau's Wi-Fi planning and measurement solutions. Our software and hardware solutions design and manage superior wireless networks by minimizing network deployment time and ensuring sufficient wireless coverage across all industries, project sizes, building infrastructures and levels of complexity. We are recognized for delivering the easiest-to-use, most reliable solutions for Wi-Fi planning, site surveys, troubleshooting and optimization. Ekahau combines the benefits of a well-established company with the freedom and fun of a startup. When working at Ekahau, you'll be surrounded by the smartest folks in the industry. Summary of Position As Ekahau continues to grow rapidly worldwide, we are seeking a seasoned and highly motivated candidate who will be responsible for new customer acquisition, sales strategy and execution in Federal Sales - primarily through the channel. Initially, this is an individual contributor role but with success, has the strong potential to hiring and building a team. This position will lead the short and long-term sales strategy for Enterprise and channels with the Federal Government and other prime contractors to the government. The Sales Director will take ownership of revenue generation, develop new opportunities, manage pipeline, build & execute account strategies, close large enterprise-level deals, and lead channel partner acquisition (distribution and resellers). This role will cover a combination of Federal, Civilian, DOD and Intelligence agencies.
This position is located in Reston, VA. Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as the key initial member of the US Federal team - grow current accounts, identify prospects, diagnose needs, prescribe solutions, negotiate, and problem solve to build and meet Government customers' demand for Ekahau's solutions.
- Achieve quarterly revenue objectives for Federal business with agencies and system integrators.
- Maintain all Federal contracts.
- Schedule and attend sales meetings to present how Ekahau supports the sales channels.
- Assist with producing effective and professional RFP's.
- Leverage system integrators, resellers and other 3rd party vendors to target federal opportunities.
- Work with the channels to maintain a strong funnel of opportunities to achieve revenue objectives.
- Provide reporting on the status of Federal business.
- Position yourself as an industry leader by understanding customer needs and helping them drive value from Ekahau.
- Set a strategic sales plan for your target markets and ensure it's in line with Ekahau's strategic direction.
- Serve as the key member of the US Federal team in helping to drive market and technical strategy.
- Understand the technical considerations, contracting requirements, and certifications specific to the US Federal Government.
- Be recognized as the point of contact and technology/market expert by customers and partners.
Qualifications, Requirements, & Skills:
- Have 5-7 years of successful field experience selling IT Hardware/Software or IT Services background into the Federal marketplace.
- Strong background and knowledge of Federal contracting vehicles.
- Must have strong proven experience working with channel partners (distribution, resellers, and system integrators) on sell-through and sell-to arrangements.
- Experience with Wi-Fi technology, especially Wi-Fi network design and management is preferred.
- Travel as necessary to client sites, partners, industry events and trade shows.
- Excellent communications skills for product demonstrations and presentations to customer and reseller audiences. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits and technical advantages of the Ekahau solution.
- Strong written skills for RFP responses, proposals, pricing, and gathering technical requirements.
- Must be proficient and experienced at producing consistent, timely and accurate pipeline/ forecast reports to management, and functional working documents for business reviews.
- Strong communication skills.
- Any experience from Cisco, HP/Aruba, and Ruckus a big plus.
- Minimum education: bachelor's degree.
Keywords: Ekahau, Reston , Federal Sales Director, Sales , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!