Director, Federal Sales
Company: Tableau Software
Posted on: June 16, 2019
What you'll be doing...
The Director, Federal Sales will be responsible for driving sales
of Tableau products into Federal or Defense Agencies. The Director,
Federal Sales will represent Tableau and its product suite in
customer accounts of all sizes and industries and meet sales
objectives in the assigned territory. The Director will manage all
aspects of the sales process including lead management,
qualification, evaluation, deal making, closing and account care
and will manage assigned sales staff (Account Executives) while
playing an integral role in the success of the overall sales
Some of the things you'll be doing include---
- Define and execute territory sales plans for assigned territory
and then meet and exceed sales goals through prospecting,
qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities in new and
- Build talent pipeline; coach, train and motivate and grow sales
- Plan and direct sales staff activities and objectives to
maximize sales volume as well as identify employee performance
goals and measurements, partnering with them to obtain positive
- Develop and manage sales pipeline, prospect and assess sales
and move a large number of transactions simultaneously through the
- Drive strategic deals and accounts to six-figure and
seven-figure deal victories on a regular basis.
- Coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including
product support and sales engineering. Manage and track customer
and transactional information in a CRM system
- Provide product demonstration to prospective customers
- Provide regular reporting of pipeline and forecast and
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and
- Practice effective, excellent communication with direct
reports, management, customers and support staff
Who you are---
- Experienced. 10 or more years in software sales including both
transactional sales and strategic selling experience. This includes
5 years or more as a sales leader over reps who sell into Federal
- Performer. Consistent overachievement of sales goals in a large
- Domain. Experience with analytics, data, databases, predictive
modeling, or business intelligence preferred. Bachelor's Degree
with a technical or business focus preferred.
- Entrepreneurial . Knowing how to build and grow a business from
scratch is essential.
- Go-Getter. Highly driven individual with an execution focus and
a strong sense of urgency and a belief in Tableau's mission.
- Passion and Conviction. Willing to go the extra mile with a
strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful.
- Leader. Exceptional leadership skills: a strong recruiter and
motivator of people.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in
this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the
best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of
the best companies in the world!---
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and
understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013,
Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business
intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We
are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal
to each other and our company. We value work/life balance,
efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and
making a difference in the world!
Keywords: Tableau Software, Reston , Director, Federal Sales, Sales , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!